YOUR TAX DEDUCTIBLE CHARITABLE DONATION:
There are lots of good causes we all contribute to. Then why are we focusing so much effort on just one school in Rwanda? Because a major worldwide source of poverty and refugee populations comes from Africa and foreign aid has largely failed to help. Because Rwanda’s rural areas are among the poorest remaining in Africa and because, in our minds, the only hope is education, particularly in useful trade skills. Because we are backed by an enlightened Rwandan government that has its priorities right. Because we are directly helping 350 students develop the job skills most important in Rwanda. And because we can wrap our hands around this project and make it happen- with our management experience, your help, and relatively little money. That’s why.
- $25/Mo or $300 will cover the annual tuition shortfall for one government-assigned student.
- $60/Mo or $720 will fully support one of our 28 full scholarships (this is up from $600 in 2018). How about supporting 2 students next year?
- $2,000 will pay for the new sound system we need in our indoor gym.
- $3,500 will pay for 25 of the 50 new 2-person desks we need in January.
- $5,000 will pay to upgrade all of the roof drainage systems that are now causing damage to most of our buildings and pathways.
- Another $5,000 will pay to increase by 50% our budget for skills practice materials (much of which is used by construction students to build our school infrastructure).
- $13,000 will pay to rebuild the toilets condemned by the government.
We promise to personally supervise the spending of every penny you donate and we will cover all of the costs of the English Improvement Program (not included above).
THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
– The Committee for Education Improvement
Giuseppe Braghieri, Laura Massarenti and Sue Sawyer from the Committee for Education Improvement meet with scholarship students.